Flight Simulator 2004 RRS feed

• Question

• I've been running this program for a couple of years now on my PC using Windows 7

As of a few weeks ago it will no longer open in any manner

I've tried numerous fixes as suggested on various sites i.e.-Downloaded FS 9.1 update; Restore the My Documents folder; Verify that Direct X is installed correctly;Rebuild FS 2004 config file

I am not very computer literate so I am now at a total loss

Does anyone out there who can suggest anything else, please

Thanks,

L. Taviani

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hi L. Taviani,

According to your description, could you please tell us that what you have done before this problem firstly occurred.

What happened when you start this game? Is there any error message pop up? We could go to event viewer to see the event log, it can assist us to diagnose problem.

I suggest to reinstall DirectX9.0 in clean boot mode, some users solved their issue by this method.

Last but not least, since problem occurred few weeks ago, we can try to execute a system restore to test result, please note save your important data in advance.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:25 PM

All replies

• Can you share the error message you see while launching Flight Simulator?

To begin with, kindly have a look at the following URL:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/837195

Balaji Kundalam

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:18 AM
  • Hi L. Taviani,

According to your description, could you please tell us that what you have done before this problem firstly occurred.

What happened when you start this game? Is there any error message pop up? We could go to event viewer to see the event log, it can assist us to diagnose problem.

I suggest to reinstall DirectX9.0 in clean boot mode, some users solved their issue by this method.

Last but not least, since problem occurred few weeks ago, we can try to execute a system restore to test result, please note save your important data in advance.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:25 PM