none
Change mount point of CSV

Question

• Hello All,

simple question that I can't seem to find an answer to: how do I change the mount point of a CSV in a way that SCVMM picks it up correctly?

I'm setting up a new cluster. When adding CSVs through SCVMM these are all added as \Volume1...n. How can I change this to something more descriptive before deploying VMs?

Thx in advance!
    M.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hello,

You can achieve this by using the PowerShell cmdlet below. More details about this cmdlet, please refer to the following documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/virtualmachinemanager/Mount-SCStorageDisk?view=systemcenter-ps-2016

Mount-SCStorageDisk

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:38 AM
  • Andy,

thx for the reply, but what's the syntax for the MountPoint parameter when adding CSV's? Is it the relative path to the mount point under the "ClusterStorage" directory or do I specify the full path?

In other words is it:

Mount-SCStorageDisk (.. other parameters..) -CreateClusterSharedVolume -MountPoint "\myMountPoint"

or:

Mount-SCStorageDisk (.. other parameters..) -CreateClusterSharedVolume -MountPoint "C:\ClusterStorage\myMountPoint"

or something else?

Thx&Rgds,
    M.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:26 PM