Cannot "open" "save as" or "browse" files. Save-window and App crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have Windows 7 and everytime I try to save or open arrangements with certain Programs, the "save-window" and the Program inmediatly crash. With the Notepad, or Word, or exel (I realised that some people have the same problem with these apps) I dont have any trouble. I get this problem with Photoshop, music maker, Adobe Audition and similar programs. Sometimes when I try to upload something to the internet it happens as well, but with the Programs I mentioned I CONSTATLY have this problem and its very stupid, cause I cannot save my progresses. I guess there must be a problem wth the explorer, I changed the folder options over and over again, but it doesnt work. I would be very thankful if someone could help me!
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 5:20 PM

Answers

• Hi,

First, I would like to share the following article with you:

Optimize Windows 7 for better performance

Ways to improve your computer's performance

Second, please use the following tools to check your whole system:

1.    Use sfc.exe tool to scan the whole system files and fix corrupted ones.

2.    Use chkdsk.exe utility to check disk errors.

Meanwhile, due to this is related to specific programs, it is also recommended to update these programs for test.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:13 AM

All replies

• Boot your computer into Safe Mode (press F8 before the Windows startup animation appears and select "Safe Mode" from the menu), and see if the problem persists.

Also, disable all third party context menu handlers using ShellExView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html) and try again. (Third party context menu handlers are highlighted in a pinkish color.)

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert Consumer | http://www.wintecnico.com

Thursday, March 17, 2011 9:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Boot your computer into Safe Mode (press F8 before the Windows startup animation appears and select "Safe Mode" from the menu), and see if the problem persists.

Also, disable all third party context menu handlers using ShellExView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html) and try again. (Third party context menu handlers are highlighted in a pinkish color.)

Microsoft MVP Windows Expert Consumer | http://www.wintecnico.com

So, I started in Safe mode, but the programms wouldnt open, because the sound devices are turned off in this mode, I couldnt turn them on. I disabled all third party contex menu handlers, then started in normal mode, but the problem still isnt fixed. Adobe Photoshop suddenly works (I realised that before I did what you recommended). I dont know what the problem can be. If I the Programms would work when I start in safe mode, does it mean that there is an unecessary driver that is running when I start in normal mode? thanks for helping me!

Friday, March 18, 2011 7:10 PM
  • Hi,

Please check the event viewer to see if there is some useful information.

According to your description, it sounds like the issue is caused by software conflicts. Please try to perform a Clean Boot to check if you could find the root casue:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 10:11 AM
  •  Please check the event viewer to see if there is some useful information.

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Hang

Event ID: 1002

Level: Error

The program Audition.exe version 3.0.7283.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 15fc

Start Time: 01cbe597dbe9c596

Termination Time: 16

Application Path: D:\Programs\Adobe\Audition\Audition.exe

Report Id: 2810b489-518b-11e0-adaf-0024547b31ab

Log Name: Application

Monday, March 21, 2011 5:49 PM
  •  

According to your description, it sounds like the issue is caused by software conflicts. Please try to perform a Clean Boot to check if you could find the root casue:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.Thanks!
    thanks! I followed all the steps, but it doesnt help either :( I dont know what the damn problem is! 6 month ago those programs worked!
    Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:42 PM
  • Hi,

First, I would like to share the following article with you:

Optimize Windows 7 for better performance

Ways to improve your computer's performance

Second, please use the following tools to check your whole system:

1.    Use sfc.exe tool to scan the whole system files and fix corrupted ones.

2.    Use chkdsk.exe utility to check disk errors.

Meanwhile, due to this is related to specific programs, it is also recommended to update these programs for test.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Saturday, March 26, 2011 5:29 AM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:13 AM