Outlook 2016 subject line changes not maintained RRS feed

• Question

• If I send myself an email with the subject "THIS is a Test", then once I receive this email I forward it to myself but alter the subject to "This is a test" the email I receive has the original subject.  Is this a bug of some sort?

The issue occurred as an internal staff member sent a message through, but the subject was wrong as the caps lock was likely on, so instead of being say "John Smith" it was "jOHN sMITH", the recipient then added the necessary details to the email and corrected the subject before sending it onto the client, however the client got the original subject line which looks very unprofessional.

I've found if I make any significant change to the subject that it's sent correctly, however if all I change is the case of the original subject it doesn't send through those changes.  If I make the same change through Outlook Web App then it does change it correctly.  Also if I edit the email subject via Actions -> Edit Message, make the change, save, then forward it maintains that new subject.

We're running Outlook Version 1801 (Build 9001.2138)

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could we know which subject do you change?

Does this issue happen to many users? How long have you met this issue?

I followed your steps above and haven't reproduced this issue on my Outlook 2016 Version 1801 (Build 9001.2138).

>>but alter the subject to "This is a test" the email I receive has the original subject.

If you check the message in Sent folder, does the subject show correctly? You could also try changing subject when replying a message and see if the same issue occurs.

Please try creating a new profile on one problematic client and see if same issue exists. To do this, please refer to this article.

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, February 9, 2018 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:47 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the above suggestions? Will it work for you?

If you have more concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, February 9, 2018 7:08 AM
  • Sorry about not getting back to you on this (my account is linked to an email address I don't check).

I believe at the time your example would have worked because you left the "FW:" in the subject, the issue only occurred if the change to the Subject was purely case sensitive so it was for example "THIS is a test", I would receive the email then change that to "This is a test" before forwarding it on (removing the FW:, before sending it), then it would be received with the old subject.  At the time I only checked a few users and they were all impacted by it.

It doesn't really mater anymore as I've tested it today with the current version we're running (1812 Build 11126.20188) and it works fine.

Friday, January 11, 2019 6:28 AM