Outlook 365 Promps Exchange PWord which I cannot remove RRS feed

• Question

• I need your help!  Yesterday I thought I would try and add my work account (exchange) along with my standard email account into Outlook.  When I did, it closed down and have had trouble since trying to open it.  I am prompted a Windows Security grey box that states 'Connecting to [my exchange email].....then under that my standard log in email, and prompting password for it with a tick box to 'remember my credentials'. It also has an option for 'More choices' which allows me to try another email address.  The password does not work for any email addresses I enter and the top exchange email address stays there.  I need my outlook working...can anybody help!

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 3:35 AM

All replies

• Please try testing this in another profile:

1. Open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add.
    2. Type a name for the new profile.
    3. Follow the instruction to add your Exchange account again.
    4. Open Outlook using the new profile.

If error continues, we can open Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

For Office 365, I'd like to recommend you use SARA tool to run tests to resolve many different problems. It can gather the Outlook profile configuration information that's helpful when you troubleshoot problems. For more details, please refer to this link.

After installing the tool, choose "Outlook" > "Outlook keeps asking for may password".

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 21, 2019 11:27 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:47 AM
  • Have you tried the steps above? Does it help?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Saturday, November 23, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptom:]

====================

Office 365 keeps asking for password

[(Possible) Cause:]

====================

1. Autodiscover connection failed

2. Third-party add-ins

[Troubleshooting Steps so far:]

====================

1. Test autodiscover via ExRCA

2. Open Outlook in safe mode

3. Use SARA tools to run tests 

[Reference Links:]

====================

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4098558/how-to-scan-outlook-by-using-the-sara-tool

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, November 25, 2019 9:19 AM
    Monday, November 25, 2019 9:18 AM