Importing organized contacts from microsoft outlook to a new microscoft outlook on a separate computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I would like to import all of my organized contacts from my one outlook to a new outlook. The key is that I need the imported contacts to be organized in the same manner. I have been able to import all of my contacts with a .pst file but they are no longer in the correct subfolders. I'm at a loss because I have a considerable amount of contacts, to be able to import them while maintaining subfolders is imperative.

Please any help would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When you export the contacts to PST file, please make sure you have selected "Include Subfolders" options for the Contact folders. For example:

When importing the PST file in new computer, the subfolders can also be imported correctly. But the Contact folder which is exported to the PST file would be merged in the default Contact folder in new computer automatically.

If you don't want to merge contacts, we can try to open the PST file instead of importing it in Outlook client as a workaround to view the Contacts folder:

In Outlook, go to File > Open & Export, select Open Outlook Data File, then locate your PST file location and open it in Outlook.

You can try it in your side.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:30 AM