Random disconnections on RDS 2012 infrastructure through RD Gateway. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a 2012 R2 RDS infrastructure with the following servers:

- One RD Gateway server

- One RD CB server

- One RD SH server

- One DC and licensing server.

Users are connecting through WAN connection with an rdp shortcut on their desktop with the gateway in the advanced tab. There is no LAN connection on this infrastructure except for IT management.

Everything working fine except some random disconnections on the client side with the message: The connection has been lost. Attempting to reconnect to your session.

The connection is always reconnect after 3 or 5 seconds. There is no Internet outage during this disconnection.

The error occurs anywhere. We have multiple users which are connecting from multiple places with different ISP.

The only workaround that we found is to install a physical firewall at the users office and setup their modem as bridge mode and make the PPPOE authentification in the firewall. After that there has been no disconnections.

I configured the registry entry "KeepAliveEnable" and "KeepAliveInterval" on the session host server but without any success. Maybe do I need to set it up on the RD gateway server too ?

Hope my explanations are understandable, thanks for your help.

• Edited by RuppB Friday, June 19, 2015 1:47 PM
    Friday, June 19, 2015 1:47 PM

All replies