none
update MIM server from version 4.4.1237 to the latest RRS feed

• Question

• 

Hi all,

I need help around a MIM 2016  RTM v4.4.1237 upgrade project. Unfortunatly the current version we have can't be upgraded and was replaced by Microsoft with another build. I need to know which is best for this scenario. Is there an actions checklist to go through in such a migration ? What is best ? Uninstall/Reinstall (in chich case, I guess we'll lose all our MA defined rules ...) or Install the newest version on a new separate server ? Thanks. Any help would be much apreciated.

Monday, May 28, 2018 2:37 PM

All replies

• Why can't it be upgraded?

David Lundell, Get your copy of FIM Best Practices Volume 1 http://blog.ilmbestpractices.com/2010/08/book-is-here-fim-best-practices-volume.html

Friday, June 1, 2018 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

I think v4.4.1237 was an early RTM version with errors. It's officially not supported upgrading from this version.

MS later released .1302 which resolved the problem.

Br,
    Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Friday, June 1, 2018 6:43 AM
  • Hi Thank you all for your answer,

could you tell me if backing up the 2 MIM databases (MIM service & MIM Sync) would allow to be able
    to "find or restore" all the configuration --> including the management agents <-- after uninstalling old version and while installing the new version and linking the install wizard to the existing databases ?

We're trying to elaborate a full migration flow.
    Thanks in advance.
    Monday, June 4, 2018 9:15 AM
  • The version number is recorded in the database, so probably not. However you should be able to install a new solution and migrate the config using standard methods. You would have to re-import the data and re-do your joins - if the solution is properly designed and the data well maintained this should not be a major issue.

If that's all going to be too traumatic then it's possible MS might have a sneaky database script or something - you'd have to raise a support call to find out.

http://www.wapshere.com/missmiis

Friday, June 8, 2018 10:05 PM