How to manage Sentinel LDK in an app-v package RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a software to be packaged which installs hasp driver and Sentinel LDK License manager. I separated these two components from the app-v package and installed it locally.

However, the problem is how to handle the licensing part. A local installation registers the license for all the users on a machine if opted for all users option. However, this is not the case with app-v published package. even if you choose All Users option during license activation it does not work for other users on the machine. Capturing the licensing process during app-v does not work either.

I checked ALL Users option creates a license realeted key in HKLM and per user option creates a key in HKCU. Now, i am not sure how to get this license activation done automatically for all users on a machine. or normally how are these keys handled in an app-v enterprise.

The software I am trying to package is Easy Power v 9.7. Any help specific to this package or in general regarding these kind of license handling is very much appreciated!

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 3:35 PM

All replies

• There will be some cases where AppV cannot be done because of License as well. Check if you can made the registry key available locally & the root key inside the appv is set to Merge with Local.

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:06 PM
  • How is the licensing handled? Did you also install the hasp driver and the license manager locally on the sequencer prior starting your sequence, if not, try that first, and resequence.
    Try to create a script which registers the license outside the package on the local machine (so other users can also make use of it), if those regkey/folders are also shared within the appv package, set those on "merge with local system".

Roy Essers

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 10:28 PM
  • Yes i installed Hasp driver and license manager locally on the sequencer prior to sequencing. Not sure how to register the license except doing it manually. There is a reg key but that does not seem to be enough.

I also deleted the reg key in question form the package and left the root n made it merge with local.

Does not seem to work still

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:56 PM