Exchange 2016 Delay Time after Message rate limit is reached RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to find and change the duration of blocks after Message rate limit is reached in the exchange 2016. In the above link I couldn't find anything about how long exchange keeps blocking a connection when Message rate limit is reached

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/mail-flow/message-rate-limits?view=exchserver-2019

Can anyone Help me on this.

Thx

Thursday, November 8, 2018 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Panosx13,

It is decided by the hardware you used, when old emails are sent out, services will try to send other mails which stuck in queue. If the time is up, and old email is not finished, emails in queue will be dropped and return a NDR.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, November 9, 2018 5:31 AM
  • Actually I want to increase the time limit. For example if 10 emails are sent within a minute the user should be blocked for 1 hour. Is that possible?
    Friday, November 9, 2018 11:44 AM
  • Actually I want to increase the time limit. For example if 10 emails are sent within a minute the user should be blocked for 1 hour. Is that possible?
    Why the need to do this?
    Friday, November 9, 2018 1:28 PM
  • the Numbers that I used if an example. I want to change the default values of throttling. The only values I can change is the messages per minute is there any way to change to change the rest like the example? 
    Saturday, November 10, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hi Panosx13

This article below will be useful for you to modify the resubmit intervals "QueueGlitchRetryInterval" for mails that stuck in queue:

Configuration options for message retry

However, we don't suggest you modify this default value.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 12, 2018 8:10 AM
  • thank you for you replies
    Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:22 PM
  • Hi Panosx13,

Any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 9:40 AM