Office Communicator 2007 - Call & Video Disconnects (user unable to receive audio) RRS feed

• Question

•  "The call was disconnected because the user stopped receiving audio. Please try the call again."

I am receiving this error when I initiate a Communicator call or video.  Neither of us are able to see the other's video or hear the audio and then the call terminates.  This happens with one specific user.  I am able to maintain calls and video with all of my other users. 
    • Moved by Gavin-Zhang Friday, February 5, 2010 8:03 AM (From:Communicator Clients and Devices)
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:24 AM

All replies

• I was located in another location and using someone elses wireless router, when I experienced the same problem, with a different user.  This leads me to believe that this could be contributed to the NW config of the wireless router.  Of course, this is not my area of expertise and it is pure speculation.  Any feedback?
    Wednesday, February 3, 2010 2:08 AM
  • I have seen a number of people come across problem with wireless routers which go away when they don't use the wireless and plug in a cable. I have not investigated the issues but it could be poor quality signal or configuration or both. These have been home equipment which most companies do not support. Unless you have a situation where you have rolled wireless routers centrally you probably don't want to end up with a situtation of supporting hundreds of different routers including public access points. Sorry I don't have a technical answer I think it is a question of company policy dictating either a specific router to use or supplying them.

Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Friday, February 5, 2010 11:17 AM
  • Thanks...I will try this out and see if it resolves itself with the cable.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 2:59 PM
  • Did the problem resolve itself using a cable?
    Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:23 PM