hp dv6000 plugeed in and not charging! RRS feed

• Question

• can someone please help
    i have a hpdv6000 laptop and its plugged in and still dont chagre! this looks like a big problem when i googled it! van any one help??
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:12 PM

All replies

• ...if googled a bit, you would see that it's not a matter of which laptop you use.
    I have a 3 week old Acer and it's the same, plugged in, not charging randomly.
    If you remove the battery, when the laptop is turned off, turn the laptop on again, the put the battery
    in while still powering on... the battery will start to charge regurarly for some days, then
    the issue will reoccur.
    Acer has no solution, new Bios, battery, supplier did not solve the issue, not even a new motherboard.
    This is for thousands of people running Vista or Win7 regardless which laptop they have, Acer, HP, Dell.. you name it.
    Microsoft ACPI driver is the probably guilty...
    Regards
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:15 PM
  • It's very simple. I had the same problem a while back, and found the solution on some forum or other. It happened again to me today, and I was looking for the article, but decided to do my own thing and it worked. Basically, all you have to do is:

1. Shut off computer.

2.Remove battery.

3.While power cord is plugged in, turn on computer.

4.Log in and check battery status. It should say Plugged in, no battery detected. If not, you need professional help.

5.Remove power cord. This will cause your computer to immediately turn off.

6.Replace battery and power cord and start computer normally. Check status. It should be charging now. If not, you need professional help.

It might help to write this down before shutting down, because, you know. Good luck.

Friday, April 22, 2011 8:38 PM