LoggedOnUser Script through RDP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Im pretty new with powershell scripting and was hoping to get some insights from more knowledgeable people here.

My issue is creating a script that would access a quser or LoggedOnUsers of an IP address without connecting. Is that possible?

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:27 PM

All replies

• ????

Without connecting to what?

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 5:19 PM
  • so I need to see if there is anyone logged on to the server before connecting. Everyone uses 1 general user in this server and just need to see whether (for example) root user is active or not.

Also, im getting Error [1722]: The RPC server is unavailable. I already enabled these things:

Services.msc

Remote Procedure Call, Remote Procedure Call locator, Remote Registry, RPC endpoint mapper, Windows management instrumentation, Windows remote management

Firewall Settings

WMI

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:42 PM
  • If it also helps, I have an admin user that I can access to get these information. 
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 6:46 PM
  • There is  no command that can do what you ask.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:34 PM
    • Proposed as answer by jrv Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:34 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 8:03 PM
  • Im looking specifically for powershell, since its just a part of a bigger script im writing.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:24 PM
  • You can use "quser" to list RDP session statuses.

quser /?

Look in the Gallery for scripts that convert this to objects.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:35 PM
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:35 PM
  • PsLoggedOn and WMI will not work with RDP sessions. "quser" works across all logins.

\_(ツ)_/

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:51 PM
  • PsLoggedOn and WMI will not work with RDP sessions. "quser" works across all logins.

\_(ツ)_/

Except for the wmi class win32_computersystem, all the methods on that link work for me.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 1:41 PM