locked
Application launch problem since App-V 5 SP3 RRS feed

  • Question

  • We have install App-V 5 SP3 this week on our Citrix XenApp 7.6 Windows 2008R2 server. Everithing work fine, except for some application. They all crash before they open. The Windows OS display a window telling me that the program stop working with a button to close the program. 

    The package have been sequence with SP2, but i have tried to sequence it with SP3, and the problem is still there. One of the program having this problem is XenCenter 6.2.

    When i check the windows log, i have this error. See the  exception code 0xc0000005 (sorry i have a french OS: 

    Nom de l’application défaillante XenCenterMain.exe, version : 16835.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x52a1d367
    Nom du module défaillant : ntdll.dll, version : 6.1.7601.18247, horodatage : 0x521eaf24
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000000195c3
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x1eb8
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d02b76418f7f05
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\ProgramData\App-V\A224F91A-A0B1-4A70-A93A-921B760AC332\C5870AE0-F2ED-47C7-884F-46FD9FCC5927\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Citrix\XenCenter\XenCenterMain.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    ID de rapport : 7fe2b03f-9769-11e4-8503-9213a4faaccf

    I have no idea what the problem is.

    Thanls for your help!

    Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:17 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for the input joe, but as you said, unfortunately, this does not apply to my problem. I have already try resequencing and everything is in the VFS. 

    But since my last input, we have found a workaround, but i think there is still a bug with the SP3 client.

    When i sequenced my package, the sequencer capture something under Package/Root/VFS/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/CONGIF. If I delete everithing under Microsoft.NET, my package work. This directory is confgure to Merge with local directory. Thats why i don't understand why the package crash with SP3, even if the package have been sequence with the SP3.

    Is there any way to send this bug to Microsoft?

    Thanks!

    • Marked as answer by timarcandre Monday, February 2, 2015 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:17 PM

All replies

  • For the problem applications, try deleting any Local or Roaming AppData (in the users profile) that was created by the application prior to upgrading to SP3. 
    Friday, January 9, 2015 10:37 PM
    Moderator
  • Errorcode 5 stands for access denied. Do you also encounter this issue on clean clients? Did you repair the package(s) first? If you did all this, try to run a procmontrace.
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:03 PM
  • Thanks for your yelp guys!

    I have tried it on a clean machine and the problem is still there. I think this test eleminate the of deleting what is under AppData. 

    I have not try to repair the package but i have made a new with the SP3 sequencer and the problem is still there. 

    I have tried to do a procmon trace, but i don't really know where to look at. I haven't find something relevant when i look at it. 

    Thanks!

    Monday, January 12, 2015 2:25 PM
  • Howdy:

    While I know this isn't going to help you, I wanted to share that I, too, have had some problems with applications after applying SP3.  Four of my applications were running fine and in production use.  After applying SP3, the applications started crashing with rather odd error messages.

    The only way I could get these apps to work was to re-sequence them.  My troubleshooting was leaning towards the fact that these apps were installed using a PVAD and not all in VFS. 

    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 3:21 AM
  • Thanks for the input Joe.  I'll keep this in mind as I do my testing (as well as capture and share any errors).
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 4:04 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks for the input joe, but as you said, unfortunately, this does not apply to my problem. I have already try resequencing and everything is in the VFS. 

    But since my last input, we have found a workaround, but i think there is still a bug with the SP3 client.

    When i sequenced my package, the sequencer capture something under Package/Root/VFS/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/CONGIF. If I delete everithing under Microsoft.NET, my package work. This directory is confgure to Merge with local directory. Thats why i don't understand why the package crash with SP3, even if the package have been sequence with the SP3.

    Is there any way to send this bug to Microsoft?

    Thanks!

    • Marked as answer by timarcandre Monday, February 2, 2015 4:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2015 8:17 PM
  • Hello,

    Yes, you can open a support ticket (most likely with Premier Support)


    Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

    Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:02 PM
  • I had the same issue with Citrix XenCenter 6.2.2 - It works with APP-V 5.0 SP2, but not with SP3.

    Fortunately your hint about .NET Framework helped me! I had to delete the folder you mentioned, but also AppData\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\

    After this it is launching fine again.

    Thanks for your workaround, and I agree this is a new bug.

    Thursday, February 5, 2015 12:20 PM
  • Thanks guys. Deleting AppData\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\ fixed my application launch failure. 

    Monday, May 22, 2017 1:36 PM