none
PWA 2013 - You do not have a license to use PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I am installing Project Server 2013 in one box configuration for lab testing (I am not using the TLG script).

After successful creation of PWA site, when I access the Home Page of PWA using any account (setup account, farm administrator or pwa administrator appears the message "You do not have a license to use PWA" twice. In the Project Center page only once.

I accessed using IE 10 or Google Chrome 23 using Remote Desktop or through a desktop connected to the network.

The box has Windows Server 2012, SQL 2012 Enterprise SP1 both in English, SharePoint and Project Server 2012 in Brazilian Portuguese, running in a Hyper-V inside a Windows 8 Enterprise with 16 GB RAM.

What am I forgeting to do?

Thank you.

Best regards, Ricardo Segawa - Segawas Projetos / Microsoft Partner

Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:20 PM

Answers

• I made some additional tests and I succeded to install the Portuguese version in the lab environment. The only difference was I ran Windows Update after each step and it always found something to update.

Then I deleted SharePoint, Project Server and all databases and followed the lab procedure. At the end I got a fully working PWA in Brazilian Portuguese at all.

My suggestion is if you encounter such a problem, try to reinstall instead spending lots of hours trying to find out a workaround. 

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:12 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Ricardo,

Try re-running SharePoint Configuration wizard. Have you tried resource center page as well?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:49 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thank you for your answer.

I did better. I uninstalled all and reinstalled two times from the basic Windows Server/SQL Server 2012 installation and I got the same issue. It is strange because it happens with all key accounts (setup, farm administrator, pwa administrator, server administrator, etc.).

Yes I browsed to Resource Center too with same results. The new PWA Configuration page in SharePoint works.

Now I am trying in English language to see what happens, starting from the same snapshot of basic server.

Friday, December 21, 2012 2:08 PM
  • From central admin, navigate to Upgrade and Migration

Select Convert farm license type.

Can you enter the product key or field is grayed out

Next Select enable enterprise features. Make sure that current setting is enterprise

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, December 21, 2012 11:35 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

It is in Enterprise mode, otherwise I could not be able to install Project Server, Excel Service, PerformancePoint Services, etc. But I already checked there and the product key is grayed out and none of the upgrade options are accessible.

Thank you.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:29 PM
  • Ricardo,

Anything is from ULS log?

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Sunday, December 23, 2012 3:15 AM
  • Hi Hrishi,

I aso looked there but there and at the Event Viewer but there is not any fail or error or warning event associated with this issue.

From the same base server, I installed SharePoint + Project Server in US-English language version together with Brazilian Portuguese Language Pack. It happened two unexpected issues at both Wizards, SharePoint Configuration and Farm Configuration but I overcame them and at the end PWA worked flawlessly as expected.

So I suspect that the Brazilian language version has problems in the setup process.

Thank you for your time and effort..

• Edited by R.Segawa Sunday, December 23, 2012 1:40 PM
    Sunday, December 23, 2012 1:37 PM
  • I agree with you ,If everything is working fine with English PWA and issue is occurring only after installing Brazilian language pack, then this language pack could be the culprit. If I get some time I will try to repro this issue and let you know the result.

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Monday, December 24, 2012 6:20 PM
  • I think part of the issue is related to SharePoint 2013 language pack , since existing package is for preview version and I am unable to find link to download SharePoint 2013 language pack. Following article has insufficient information about the language pack.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262108#section2

Out of curiosity , can you provision another PWA in English and validate the result

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:28 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Here are the answers:

1. Regarding to the Portuguese version, definitivey YES, it is reproducible because I installed 4 times starting from the same basic server (Win + SQL SP1 Servers 2012), which in the last attempt corrupted the master database and I lost access to SQL 2012.
    2. Starting with the same snapshot using SPS+PS in English language version + Portuguese Language Pack the issue did not appear and I am continuing to configuring the app server (now I am strugling configuring Reporting Services integrated with SharePoint that has different procedure from 2010).
    3. Regarding to the language packs, Renke Holert gave us the hint where to find them. Look at this link in this forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projserv2010setup/thread/b41d5db5-4f6f-4f2d-ac5e-d36a8baadc4c

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:31 PM
  • Yes, I did reviewed this thread earlier but wouldn't be nice if Microsoft updates the links in the TechNet article , I have submitted the feedback regarding the same, hopefully MS will add the links.

As per above details looks like issue is occurring only when you install Pt-br version of SharePoint and Project (without Eng language as default)  and issue not reproducible if you install English version and on top of it Pt-br language pack, are we on the same page?

Here is the helpful link with video for Configuring BI

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662106

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:46 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Yes, if I install the English version and add the Portuguese Language Pack thare is not any problem. It runs nicely.

Regarding to your link, I think it moved, but surely I can find out in the TechNet site easily.

Thank you.

Monday, December 31, 2012 2:03 AM
  • Hi

Then I am sure issue is related to default version "Portuguese Language" project bits. Not with Portuguese Language Pack.

Here is the updated link for BI

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee662106

Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

Thank you.

The Reporting Services integrated with SharePoint 2013 is already working.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:38 AM
  • I made some additional tests and I succeded to install the Portuguese version in the lab environment. The only difference was I ran Windows Update after each step and it always found something to update.

Then I deleted SharePoint, Project Server and all databases and followed the lab procedure. At the end I got a fully working PWA in Brazilian Portuguese at all.

My suggestion is if you encounter such a problem, try to reinstall instead spending lots of hours trying to find out a workaround. 

• Marked as answer by R.Segawa Monday, May 13, 2013 2:12 AM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 2:12 AM