Tool bar RRS feed

• Question

• I have an older computer with Windows Vista Home Premium and when I go into MY PICTURES OR MY DOCUMENTS I get the toolbar at the top of the screen that says . FILE   EDIT  VIEW  TOOLS  HELP  just as you see in Internet Explorer.  Not too long ago, I purchased a new computer with Windown Vista Home Basic and it does not have this tool bar.  Is this only available in the Vista Home Premium Edition.  Just recently I purchased a new laptop and this time I made sure it had the Windows Vista Home Premium so it would have this toolbar that I absolutely need for my work for moving documents, files, pictures between external hardrive, folders and other places, etc.  To my disappointment this toolbar is not there.  Could someone tell me how to insert this toolbar in My Pictures and My Documents.  I'm sure it is something simple but I have spent hours trying to figure out how to add this toolbar.  Your assistance would really be appreciated.  HELP!!!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 6:06 AM

All replies

• Press the Alt key to toggle the Toolbar on and off.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:58 AM
  • Hello,
    Thank you very much.  That does the trick.  Now one more question about it.  How do I lock this toolbar in place  to always be there in My Pictures and My documents?  Thank you.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 5:21 PM
  • Click Organize on the left > Layout > Menu bar to make it permanent.
    Tuesday, December 22, 2009 7:22 PM
  • Hello,
    Thank you very much,  that solved that.  Now I can do all what I need to,  and to not have to go back to my old computer.  Have a great evening.  Best regards,  Andrzej.
    Wednesday, December 23, 2009 4:29 AM
  • thanks--how simple
    Friday, April 20, 2012 2:36 PM