none
Cannot open enterprise files with Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We use MS Project Professional 2007 with Project Server. Several weeks ago my open file dialog stopped working in Project 2007.

I can bring up the dialog, I can see the list of all my enterprise projects but when I double click on them or click on them and then click "Open", nothing happens.  If I type the name of one of these enterprise projects in the file name box at the bottom of the form and hit enter (or click Open) I get a file not found message.

Note that I *can* use this dialog to open mpp files resident on my local machine.   It's just the enterprise projects that refuse to be opened.

Also, I can use Project Web Access to view (most of) my enterprise projects, and I can open them from PWA if I select them in Project center and click the icon next to their name.  I was using this as a workaround until I imported a project last week inot server that for some reason isn't showing up in the list of enterprise projects I see in PWA.  Now I have no way to open this project.  This "missing" enterpise project *does* show up the Project 2007 open file dialog but I cant open it from there.

Monday, September 17, 2012 7:18 PM

All replies

• Hello AldoD,

Sometimes the profile in Project Professional can get corrupted. Have you tried to open projects from another computer? Do you have the same error?

If the problem is located on the computer you use, try deleting and recreating the profile. Close Project Profesional and in your computer go to Start > All programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Project Server 2007 accounts.

Locate the profile for your PWA and delete it. Now create it again and test it to see if the problem is still there.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 6:29 PM