Task sequence not visible RRS feed

• Question

• If a computer is moved to a different collection it takes hours before all task sequences are visible in WinPE. For some reason only 2 task sequences are visible, the other 3 task sequences are missing. If a boot another laptop that's a member of the same collection it's able to view the task sequence. It seems it's not updating the computers "membership" once it's moved?

If i open up the properties of the computer and view the deployment tab i can see all 5 task sequences. The computers are located in a secondary site. I'm not sure what is causing this? Is it a bug?

The strange thing is if i remove/delete the computer from the collection and import it again the task sequences are visible.

Which logfiles can I view? I've checked colleval.log but it doesn't show any errors.

Running version:ConfigMgr 2012 R2 5.00.7958.1000

• Edited by Marc-1983 Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:52 PM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After a computer is moved to a different collection, you could run a MachinePolicyRetrievalEvaluation to refresh the policy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:39 AM
  • Thanks for your reply, but the task sequence is not visible in WinPE

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 10:41 AM
  • Have you deployed the TS to Unknown Computers? What deployments do you currently have in place. If you have not deployed to unknown machines that should fix it.

Thomas Faherty

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:56 PM