Mail Merge Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I'm new to Word and Mail Merge. I am creating a newsletter and they want me to put the address and return address at the bottom of the second page so I can just fold and send without an envelope but while at the end of the document I have my left tab at 3 and the cursor in the middle where I need the address blocks to go but once I add the address block and click preview results the Name line comes out perfectly but the address is all the way to the left margin. How can I get the whole address block to show and print in line with each other?
    Tuesday, May 1, 2012 6:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you get the recipients data source?
    Is the data field corresponds to one column of information in the data source?

If you are using Outlook contact, please check contact information are matched, such as Postal code, City, Street, Country/region, see below image:

If the data source is empty, the address will not show up in address block.

You can also use Match Fields(Insert Address Block dialog box) to identify the correct address elements from your Mailing list.

See also:" Use mail merge to create and print letters and other documents"

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Hi Thvelia,

Did you indent the whole paragraph containing the address block, or only the first line (or, even worse, only use tabs to get to the desired position on the first line)?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, May 4, 2012 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How did you get the recipients data source?
    Is the data field corresponds to one column of information in the data source?

If you are using Outlook contact, please check contact information are matched, such as Postal code, City, Street, Country/region, see below image:

If the data source is empty, the address will not show up in address block.

You can also use Match Fields(Insert Address Block dialog box) to identify the correct address elements from your Mailing list.

See also:" Use mail merge to create and print letters and other documents"

Best regards.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Hi Thvelia,

Did you indent the whole paragraph containing the address block, or only the first line (or, even worse, only use tabs to get to the desired position on the first line)?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, May 4, 2012 5:41 AM
  • Did you get any solution for this?
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 11:23 AM