none
Cannot change application name RRS feed

• Question

• I added the Remote Desktop (user defined) to the Applications list.  Everything works fine, but I need to change the name that shows up on the clients.  I've done that in the list, but it is still showing up as the old name.  I've activated it, deleted it and recreated it with the new name, but I can't get it to show up as the new name on the clients.  It shows the correct name on the UAG, but for the life of me I can't get it to change on the client; they are still pulling in the new name.  Even new installs of the Whale client pull in the old name yet everything in the application properties shows the new name.  Any ideas?  Is there a config file where I have to change it in there?  I've been able to rename other applications and it's worked fine. 
    Friday, February 5, 2010 12:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I can confirm that we currently have a bug open in UAG exactly for this issue: changing the name of the portal link for "Remote Desktop (Predefined)" and Remote Desktop (User Defined)" applications is not taken into consideration. I am not aware of any other workaround besides then one you have already used - to delete the application and recreate it with the new name you wish to use.

Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming Service Pack.

Thanks,
    -Ran

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, February 5, 2010 8:09 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:33 PM

All replies

• Nevermind.  Just created a 2nd user defined Remote Desktop app with the correct name and deleted the first one.  Odd that I was never able to change that name, but I'm not going to argue with success. 

If that ever happens again, is there anywhere in the UAG (config file or registry) that actually does list the application names?
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:27 PM
  • Hi,

I can confirm that we currently have a bug open in UAG exactly for this issue: changing the name of the portal link for "Remote Desktop (Predefined)" and Remote Desktop (User Defined)" applications is not taken into consideration. I am not aware of any other workaround besides then one you have already used - to delete the application and recreate it with the new name you wish to use.

Hopefully this will be fixed in an upcoming Service Pack.

Thanks,
    -Ran

• Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, February 5, 2010 8:09 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:33 PM
  • The last reply on this post was on 5 februari 2010. The UAG Update 1 has been released on 12 march 2010. This bug was possibly to late for Update 1. Is there any update?

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 1:31 PM
  • One thing I have found that works is to duplicate the application with the new name and then remove the old one.

Thanks,
    Ken

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 2:12 PM