none
Problems creating tasks for software to automatically install RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a Litetouch image and deployed it with MDT and the computer gets imaged very easily and with no problems.

But! when I create the software installs within the DeploymentWorkbench, it will not install the software in the Task Sequences.

I am new to using MDT and am trying to get better at using it, any assistance will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks! 

Wednesday, January 2, 2019 8:46 PM

All replies

• When you complete the image build do you get a window showing or stating the litetouch deployment stats showing which tasks didnt complete?
    Does it show a progress bar window after the image deployment to show if the applications are going to install?
    Have you checked the logs after image deployment?
    Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:52 AM
  • It does not show any progress bar window. It shows that the image installs and it connects to the domain with no problems, and the Deployment Share remains to be mapped no matter what user account logs in. 
    Monday, January 7, 2019 6:51 PM
  • Sounds like your deployment isn't completing successfully. You can easily tell if there's a MININT folder on the root of C:

If it's there, look in MININT\SMSOSD\OSDLOGS

You should find a bdd.log and where it left off to give you a clue as to what is killing your task sequence.

Daniel Vega

Tuesday, January 8, 2019 4:42 PM