Everything loads extremely slowly (32bit) RRS feed

• Question

• I hve been using Win 7 32 bit on this machine for several months. For the last couple of weeks, I have experienced this problem.

When booting up on my Dell PC, it takes a couple of minutes or so before the Dell opening screen closes. Then the window comes up to choose between Win 7 or safe modes but I cannot select anything. It says it will load normally in 30 econds, then the countdown begins. Each second takes about 30 seconds to advance. Windowa finally opens extremely slowly (the blue background seems to pulse as it slowly rachets up). Finally it opens. When I go to open Windows Explorer or IE, the window slowly fades in and rachets as it expandss.

I finally did a restore to the oldest point and removed lots of software that I don't really use, I also did a Startup Manager and deactivated most of the items.

The PC now opens faster but it still takes 5 or more minutes until Windows is fully open. Once open, the windows explorer and IE open normally.

Any ideas on this? Should I try to repair Win 7 by using the installation disk?

Thanks

Phil

Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:41 PM

Answers