none
IE 9 and IE 10 do not work on my laptop RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have problems in making IE 9 or IE 10 work on my laptop. I have a 32 bit laptop with a Intel Pentium Dual Core CPU T3200 @ 2 GHZ and a 2 GB RAM. I installed the trial version of Windows Server 2008 32 bit Standard Edition. I Upgraded IE7 to version 8 and then to IE9. When I launch IE 9, I see a message "IE is not your default browser and Would I like to make it default". I hit No and IE freezes there and unusable. I close IE and reopen IE. I try to open a URL by clicking address bar drop down. IE Freezes and does not respond. I upgraded to IE 10 thinking that the problem would be resolved. But when I try to open IE 10 , I get a message "IE 10 stopped responding" . I close this message box and it appears again . I have to kill IE10 to stop this.

I have a suspicion that IE 9 /10 needs better hardware and my hardware could be the problem. Can somebody please let me know on this?

Regards

Srinivas

Monday, August 19, 2013 11:11 AM

Answers

• Eureka!

I could solve it myself. There is an option in Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab. Under Accelarated Graphics if the checkbox "Use Software Rendering intead of GPU Rendering" is checked, the problem goes away. Hope this posting would be useful to somebody else who is facing a similar issue

Regards

Srinivas

Monday, August 19, 2013 4:33 PM