Windows automatically muting my microphone RRS feed

• Question

• So first off i want to apologize if this is the wrong forum and for my spelling and grammar.
    Ill start from the beginning, i was playing a game everything was fine but then my game kept freezing so i just thought it was the game, i got off to watch some youtube but then my browser was freezing soon i realised my whole computer was freezing so i just got off for the night, when i was on the next morning the freezing stopped but when i was skyping with my friend my mic suddenly got muted [not on skype but in windows] thought it was just skype but even after closing all my programs my mic is still getting muted i tried restarting my computer but all that did is bring back the freezing and now it mutes and changes the volume to 0.

Tried posting an image here but i got this error

• Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.

Even if i unplug my microphone and just keep the usb in so it register my mic, it still mutes itself, i have tried using other microphones still the same thing happens.
    Some notes.
    The microphones i use are the blue yeti, and the blue spark.
    It mutes itself every 5 seconds so unmuting doesn't last very long.
    Tried running a virus scan nothing was found [used avast antivirus]
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Saturday, January 3, 2015 7:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Cody_960,

As arnavsharma said, update the drivers first,  we can uninstall the audio card first in device manager. Then install the newest driver.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:49 AM
    Monday, January 5, 2015 9:23 AM
  • Its a USB one ? If yes, please update the drivers and check., 

And anything in event logs? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 5, 2015 12:24 AM

All replies

• Its a USB one ? If yes, please update the drivers and check., 

And anything in event logs? 

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, January 5, 2015 12:24 AM
  • Hi Cody_960,

As arnavsharma said, update the drivers first,  we can uninstall the audio card first in device manager. Then install the newest driver.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 5, 2015 9:23 AM
  • I had the same problem but I just uninstalled the driver then re-plugged in the mic and it fixed the problem
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 1:42 AM
  • Been struggling with this same problem for about a month and just found a site that cleared the problem for me. https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/ idk how to make a link active but go there and run its program and it should find something download is free for a trial and the trial ran its premium service. Mine had 5 things it found and removed and it stopped the muting of my laptop's mic and my headsets. Hope this helps anyone who deals with this same problem. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Tappi287 Thursday, January 25, 2018 10:10 PM
    Sunday, June 19, 2016 9:07 PM
  • The microphone I use is built-in to my white Skullcandy Uproar headphones, and I dealt with the same problem. Instead of any other audio system, I use the Realtek HD Audio Manager. <g class="gr_ gr_284 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" data-gr-id="284" id="284">Everytime</g> I see my microphone audio, I realize that the microphone was muted. How do I solve the problem? Any tips? Advise?

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:44 AM
  • I had this problem and was recommended to go to recording devices then select communications and click on (Do Nothing ) After spending a month on this problem trying everything, I then selected (reduce volume of other sounds to 80%) it worked perfectly ok. I had previously tried all the solutions online and MS support recommended re installing windows 7. Hope this helps someone else.

Terry

Saturday, June 24, 2017 7:42 PM
  • Thank you , the malwarebytes app found malware on my computer, quarantined it and allowed me to remove it. That fixed the random uncontrolled muting of my line in recording input for Realtek audio on my Dell 8300. Thanks again for the info.
    Sunday, December 10, 2017 1:33 AM