Problem downloading updates on Hyper-V servers RRS feed

• Question

• Host - Server2012R2 Datacenter

Client - Server2012R Standard

my Hyper -V systems are not downloading WSUS updates. I "see' them but immediately get error 80244019.

I need to get current. I am recovering from ransomware attack and need to rebuild the SharePoint & SQL Hyper-v systems. They are up but I need to apply WSUS updates to get them current.

I reset catroot2 but still fail on download. 

Physical servers taker the downloads as well as Win10 clients.

Thanks

John Lenz

Friday, November 16, 2018 9:29 PM

Answers

• Situation fixed...

Ran WSUS for a dew days on this server. The new WSUS updates took but the 2 problem children did not. Check updates  from MS update with same failure.

I went to MS site and did a manual download of the 2 updates that were failing. Executed them and they applied correctly. Check of WSUS update showed no updates pending.

Now fixed.

John Lenz

• Marked as answer by JohnLenz Monday, November 26, 2018 10:38 PM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>Could you please manually download the update from MS in client and install it to test the update. 
    >We can check the connection between the client and WSUS server.
    >We can verify the GPO that the update source is pointed to the WSUS server.  

Best regards,
    Johnson
    =====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by Johnson ZDH Monday, November 19, 2018 3:01 AM
    Monday, November 19, 2018 3:00 AM
  • I am working to isolate the issues  with 2 Hyper-V systems. I forced the others via download from MS and that seems to now be working with WSUS. 

More coming as I test & document why not installing from WSUS.

John Lenz

Monday, November 19, 2018 9:09 PM
  • Hi,

As we can download and install the update from the MS, the issue should be related to the WSUS side. 

In the WSUS console, we should check the updates have downloaded already. Besides, we should check the connection between WSUS and client.

Best regards,
    Johnson
    =====================
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Situation fixed...

Ran WSUS for a dew days on this server. The new WSUS updates took but the 2 problem children did not. Check updates  from MS update with same failure.

I went to MS site and did a manual download of the 2 updates that were failing. Executed them and they applied correctly. Check of WSUS update showed no updates pending.

Now fixed.

John Lenz

• Marked as answer by JohnLenz Monday, November 26, 2018 10:38 PM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 10:38 PM