none
up arrow key auto presses RRS feed

• Question

• Ok... So obviously i am not using the computer in question to write this... My problem is that my Toshiba laptop with win7 on it keeps auto pressing the Up arrow key even in bios. I consider myself tech savvy enough that i COMPLEATLY removed the built in keyboad and manualy disabled the trackpad when this started. I hooked up a usb keyboard i knew had no problems since its from my desktop comp and this problem continues. The stranges thing is that the comp continues to do this with absolutly NO keyboard. Of any kind.

I have to admit that ive been fooled with many diffrent ways to fix this sort of thing... Thinking it had worked... Only to have it continue a week or so later. I have used a diffrent harddrive with win 7 same issue, i have formatted, cleaned cach, checked for adware\malware and virus, hell i even bought a new keyboard. It only ever does this with the up arrow key

If you want to see why this is so bad try typing stuff into google search while pressing up key every couple second

Monday, December 9, 2013 9:03 PM

Answers

• Hi

You already clean install and this issue still persist? Its strange

go to device manager and remove everything under the keyboard and restart your PC, maybe this will help

We need to be clear about what happen, please give us more detail about your situation there, i suggest put everything as the original condition and lets start troubleshot. I think it supposed to be hardware issue if this problems was occur in BIOS, did you try to ask Toshiba support to guide you to check regarding Hardware?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Kummer,

Based on your issue, I would like to suggest you download and install this Hotfix package:

BACKSPACE or arrow keys do not work in MMC on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2466373/en-us

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Hi

You already clean install and this issue still persist? Its strange

go to device manager and remove everything under the keyboard and restart your PC, maybe this will help

We need to be clear about what happen, please give us more detail about your situation there, i suggest put everything as the original condition and lets start troubleshot. I think it supposed to be hardware issue if this problems was occur in BIOS, did you try to ask Toshiba support to guide you to check regarding Hardware?

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:15 AM
  • i know your problem i had that for almost an month i figured it out today.

That is (i am 100% sure) the sticky keys. press shift five or more times,,, then open the underlined thing,,, UNCHECK ALL

click APPLY then Ok

you will see the difference. :D

Saturday, February 18, 2017 9:32 AM