Missing Updates WSS/MOSS SP2 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Running the SP2 upgrade for WSS and MOSS 2007, but we're running into a message about a corrupt database.  We know it's because we're missing some CUs and I've done everything from this thread.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointadmin/thread/cfa66cd3-2aa2-44ee-9393-ffae41d4f70c

The problem we don't have a 2nd server or farm from which to compare so the best I've been able to do is another server with similar OS and SP.  That means I have msp's that are still missing.  At this point we're looking at a new virtual server image based off this one, reinstall MOSS 2007 to the same level, attached the db and then patch it up to SP2.

However, is there another way?  Can I find what these missing updates are by their GUIDs and reinstall any CUs that way?  I can compare KBs with what's listed in the Add/Remove with Updates checked.

Thanks.

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 5, 2011 6:05 AM Comment about MOSS 2010 both wrong (the program is called SPS 2010) and off-topic in a pre-SP 2010 forum. Removed.
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 7:58 PM

Answers