How to fix windows 7 startup failure? Windows startup repair cannot help RRS feed

• Question

• Recently, my laptop have problem with the startup and unfortunately it is showing crash dump error as well.

This is the error mesage for startup issues: c000021a fatal system error, intial session process or system process terminate

and this is error message for crash dump: STOP: 0x0000000A (0xFFFFF80003BEDE60, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000008, 0xFFFFF80003BEDE60)

So, when i start my laptop it comes up with the startup c000021a fatal system error. I tried to go to startup repair and chose the "Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)" after that it shown system crash dump error message.

Unfortunately, I did not make the restore point. I want to reinstall my windows but it cant boot from CD/DVD due to startup failure. I already choose the booting sequence to CD/DVD as first sequences but it still does not work.

Anyone can help me with this issues?

Saturday, September 27, 2014 5:55 PM

Answers

• Hi Arie K,

Please explain a bit about the following question for better analyzation:
    1. What changes have you made before this issue?
    2. Do you receive the same error message when we use the normal boot, safe mode and Last Known Good Configuration? If no please share it with us.
    3. What error messages do you receive when we try to boot from CD/DVD?

We could try to use the USB driver to performance the system restore or reinstall.
    For more information, please refer to the following article.
    How to Build a Bootable USB Drive? or How to Install an Operating System from a USB Device?
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/chenley/archive/2011/10/06/how-to-build-a-bootable-usb-drive-or-how-to-install-an-operating-system-from-a-usb-device.aspx

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:16 AM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 11:39 AM

All replies

• AK

Have you tried booting in Safe mode (F8)?

If you can boot in safe mode we need the log files called DMP files

We do need the actual log file (called a DMP file) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.  
    We prefer at least 2 DMP files to spot trends and confirm the cause.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

If you are using Blue screen view, who crashed, or a similar application, don't.  They are wrong at least as often as they are correct

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:00 PM
  • I've tried boot to safe mode, but it still does not work, after I choose safe mode startup still fail to start

i dont know what should I do

Saturday, September 27, 2014 7:23 PM
  • AK

Have you tried booting from the win 7 dvd?  If you cant boot we cant help you.  You may need to install win 7 all over again.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Sunday, September 28, 2014 11:53 AM
  • you can try perform in place upgrade

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

semoga berhasil

• Edited by britishdhez Monday, September 29, 2014 7:08 AM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 7:08 AM
  • Hi Arie K,

Please explain a bit about the following question for better analyzation:
    1. What changes have you made before this issue?
    2. Do you receive the same error message when we use the normal boot, safe mode and Last Known Good Configuration? If no please share it with us.
    3. What error messages do you receive when we try to boot from CD/DVD?

We could try to use the USB driver to performance the system restore or reinstall.
    For more information, please refer to the following article.
    How to Build a Bootable USB Drive? or How to Install an Operating System from a USB Device?
    http://blogs.technet.com/b/chenley/archive/2011/10/06/how-to-build-a-bootable-usb-drive-or-how-to-install-an-operating-system-from-a-usb-device.aspx

Best regards,
    Fangzhou CHEN

Fangzhou CHEN
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Michael_LS Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:16 AM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 11:39 AM