OSD File Issue RRS feed

• Question

• \\tdl-appv\content\Off2k7

This is my folder in which i have Sequenced office

Now when i Edit the OSD file I find the link as

<CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://TDL-APPV:554/tdl-appv/content/Off2k7/off2k7.sft"

Is the above one fine or it should be like

CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://TDL-APPV:554/Off2k7/off2k7.sft"

Because the Default app is working just fine so i Assume the Only change in both of them is the above path and nothing else

Any help would be appreciated

On my Client machine the Short cuts have been displayed.

But when i click on them it says

The package requested could not be found in the system data store or the files associated with this package could not be found on the server.Report the error code to your system Administrator

regards

Fazal M Khan

Friday, April 2, 2010 12:25 PM

Answers

• Thank You for Your Reply

APPV:554/Off2k7/off2k7.sft")  should be correct.  OR It is Correct ?

The last part after protocol number and forward slash is relative to the root of your content directory. HOWEVER, since 4.0 App-V (then Softgrid) has not used this last part for requesting  actual SFT from the Management (or Streaming) Server but rather it's holdover for legacy reasons. And also important for import -time path forming. Client requests SFT file from server based on GUID value in CODEBASE element, which you surely have not changed.

What is more than likely - given the error message you posted in your first post - is that relative path inside Management Console's Packages -node is wrong. As I said, during package import management console reads this path from OSD but that's it, if it went wrong you need to manually correct it inside Management Console. So go to Packages -node and find subnode for your Office package. By clicking it open, you should see list of SFT versions in the middle pane. Double-click the one there's listed and change relative path in it to reflect where under the content directory your SFT file is located. I repeat, it's relative path so do not include full filesystem path!

br,

Kalle

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:32 PM

Have you Tried this ?

regards

Fazal M khan

Hi Fazal M khan.

You are correct (APPV:554/Off2k7/off2k7.sft"). i had the same problem, and i took a while to realize.

if you want to see: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvserverandmanagement/thread/50a32e6b-8f0a-42c7-bd93-fde8c0244df0

Regards

Jorge Cardoso

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The path that needs to be defined depends on your environment, but its more likely to be the latter one. But then again, it depends on how you save your package, how your server is setup etc etc...

/Znack

Friday, April 2, 2010 9:58 PM
  • Thank You for your post

in my envoirment it is saved in the default contect Folder.

and in the root of the content folder has the Default apps which come with APP-V and inside the content folder i created a folder named Off2k7 and inside the Folder resides all the office Files.

Hope this could be of any help in telling what should be the correct entry inside the OSD package because the Default APP is running without any issues. So i assume that the problem is with this Entry Rather than anything else.

Regards

Fazal M khan

Saturday, April 3, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Hello,

I would suggest to check the trial-guide to verify your steps. My comment above is still valid, but I sense that there are other possibilities for misconfiguration and it would probably be good if you verified all of them.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aa787491-8d08-4d2f-8960-9e9f00226c7e

/Znack
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

Probably, the path to your package in the package node of the management server (i assume you use this) is incorrect.

I think you didn't configure the deployment tab in after finalizing the sequencing wizzard.

Check if the path of the pacakge in the packaging node corresponds with the path in the OSD file.

Regards,

Jan van der Elst

Login Consultants

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:44 AM
  • This was the issue :(

Now Its already Running and what i have Done is Copied all The Files to the ROOT of the Content Folder and Changed all of the Paths Inside the OSD File.

Now If i Get them back is there Respective FOlder eg

In the Content Folder there is a FOlder named as Off2k7

Now i need to Move the Files Inside This Folder.

I Need to be Sure that What Would be the path Inside the OSD File.

You can have a Look at the 2 paths that i have mentioned Above.

Regards

Fazal M Khan 

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 5:49 AM
  • Hi Fazal,

Once you've created the folder for the app (in this case Off2k7) then your second path (CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://TDL-APPV:554/Off2k7/off2k7.sft") should be correct. 

Regards,

Danny

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 6:58 AM

Have you Tried this ?

regards

Fazal M khan

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 7:46 AM

The last part after protocol number and forward slash is relative to the root of your content directory. HOWEVER, since 4.0 App-V (then Softgrid) has not used this last part for requesting  actual SFT from the Management (or Streaming) Server but rather it's holdover for legacy reasons. And also important for import -time path forming. Client requests SFT file from server based on GUID value in CODEBASE element, which you surely have not changed.

What is more than likely - given the error message you posted in your first post - is that relative path inside Management Console's Packages -node is wrong. As I said, during package import management console reads this path from OSD but that's it, if it went wrong you need to manually correct it inside Management Console. So go to Packages -node and find subnode for your Office package. By clicking it open, you should see list of SFT versions in the middle pane. Double-click the one there's listed and change relative path in it to reflect where under the content directory your SFT file is located. I repeat, it's relative path so do not include full filesystem path!

br,

Kalle

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:32 PM

Have you Tried this ?

regards

Fazal M khan

Hi Fazal M khan.

You are correct (APPV:554/Off2k7/off2k7.sft"). i had the same problem, and i took a while to realize.

if you want to see: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/appvserverandmanagement/thread/50a32e6b-8f0a-42c7-bd93-fde8c0244df0

Regards

Jorge Cardoso

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 8:40 AM