SNMP Issue on windows 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My server is a windows 2008 SP2 64bit server. I installed SNMP service. when I try to view SNMP service setting in the Services Console, I can not add my "communite name" in Traps Tab because the boton "add to list" is disabled.

The same thing in the Security Tab, all boton (Add, Edit and/or Remove) are disabled.

Any Idea.

Thank you in advance.

Saidovic
    Friday, April 29, 2011 4:28 PM

Answers

• I resove this issue by modifing permission on the following registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\SNMP

Thank you

Saidovic
    • Marked as answer by Essouktani Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:31 PM

All replies

• Have you logged on with an account that has enough permissions, such as an Administrator account?
    Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 5:07 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, I used the local administrator and the user that is a domaine administrator, the same thing, tabs are disabled.

Saidovic
    Monday, May 2, 2011 2:26 PM
  • If you have the proper permissions, there is no other reason that I can think of for the items to be disabled.  Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the SNMP service?

Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
    Monday, May 2, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Hi,

Yes I unistalled SNMP, reboot and installed it again and I recieve the same issue. The necessary settings is existe in the registry SNMP key and I can't see it in the SNMP service proprietes'.

Another thing, this issue occur in 4 servers, may be there is rong at systeme level.

I tried to clean SNMP key registry and did not work also.

Also, I tried to install SP2 but the system inform me that it's already existe (to correcte files corruption if existe).

Regards

Saidovic
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 12:33 PM
  • I resove this issue by modifing permission on the following registry key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\SNMP

Thank you

Saidovic
    • Marked as answer by Essouktani Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:31 PM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 5:31 PM