VM Deployment Errors and Warnings RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying a Virtual Machine using SCVMM 2008 R2 RC.  The deployment hangs at 94% and eventually fails with following error

"Error (609) Virtual Machine Manager cannot detect a heartbeat from the specified virtual machine. Either the virtual machine is not running or Virtual Machine Additions is not installed."

If I switch to Virtual Machine when the progress bar at SCVMM shows 94%, I can login and complete the sysprep questionnaire process and run the virtual machine without any problems; and at SCVMM the progress bar shows 100% but with following warning

Warning (13222) An internal error occurred while Virtual Guest Services were being installed on virtual machine VM_NAME residing on host HYPER_HOST.

Plz guide to rectify this problem.  thanks in advance.

Note:  Virtual Machine Template was created using a VHD Drive taken from Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 RC based Hyper-V Server; essentially meaning the VHD has WS2008 R2 RC Hyper-V Virtual Guest Services (older) and now I am delpoying this Virtual Machine on the WS2008 R2 RTM Hyper-V Server.  Could this be the issue of it hanging at 94%?

Sunday, November 8, 2009 7:48 AM

Answers

All replies

• Monday, November 9, 2009 10:37 PM
  • Thanks for replying.  Yes, I did see this post while searching.   But, I have a DHCP Server in place.  Virtual Machine will get an IP Address if it starts as it is getting, so I did not find this a just solution.  I mean why there is a need to map the MAC Address to IP Address? To me, it does not make any sense.  The Virtual Machine needs just an IP Address and it is getting that when it is starting.

Appreciate any responses.  This is really getting into me now.
    Tuesday, November 10, 2009 7:11 AM
  • mm.. Mostly VM hanging in 94% due to Sysprep problems ( At least it happened to me many times ). The error you get maybe as you mentioned that the IC failed to update. Did you tried this on Windows 2008 R2 RTM ?
    If this post is helpful, please mark it as such.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 12:12 AM