Sharepoint and Onedrive: I'm confused RRS feed

• Question

• This might be a really dumb question but I'm confused about Onedrive and Sharepoint.

I'm trying to setup the office so that the files we normally held on the server are now shared on the cloud. A large number of our people want to work from home and while setting up a VPN would work also we made a commitment to Office 365 so we want to make it work.

There are roughly 300 folders with 10,000 files or more on three servers at work. I want to get those folders and files up to the cloud so that when users are working from home on Office 365, the can access them and make changes.

Those changes need to not only be made on the cloud, but they need to sync with the server at work so that people who are working in the office will have access to them also.

Do I setup a Sharepoint? Do I use Onedrive? Do I need Onedrive on the server to Sync the information with the cloud and the servers?

Thanks!

Thursday, July 10, 2014 3:02 PM

Answers

• To Any One Reading this: I found out that or it appears that I can setup a drive mapping to point to a library but that was only for local stuff. I need to setup shares to the cloud from our file servers. I wanted to take all the folders that we use on a daily basis and put them up on the cloud. Then sync those files from the cloud to the servers in our office.

I'm not sure if I'm headed even in the right direction. I've tried several different ideas but none of them worked. Is it even possible to share stuff from your servers to the cloud?

• Marked as answer by pcdbb Saturday, March 28, 2015 1:07 AM
    Friday, July 11, 2014 6:42 PM