none
Enable SharePoint Tasks List synchronization with Project Web App after Project Site has been enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Our PWA site Enterprise Project type is configured to "Allow users to choose" if a Project Site should be created.

Synchronization is disabled.

When we need need a project site we just create one manually. However we have a need for enabling the syncing of SharePoint Tasks Lists too. How do I enable SharePoint Tasks Lists if the project site and synchronization is not configured automatically during the creation of an enterprise project?

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:02 AM

Answers

• You're right, the EPT configuration for sharepoint sites creation and sync will apply for new site.

For existing sites, go to PWA server settings, Connected Sharepoint sites, check if the site if created. If not, click on "create site". Then click on "Synchronize". If the EPT is correctly configured, I think you just have to publish again the project and it should sync with the task list..

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by bkell904 Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In your screenshot, you can select the option "sync sharepoint task lists" even if the site creation is manual. If the site is not created, it will have no effect. I also suggest to activate the sync user permissions.

Hope this helps,

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:25 AM
  • I think what you are saying is checking the "sync sharepoint task list" will effect sync but this must be done prior to creating the project site. I have already created the project site with the "sync sharepoint list" unchecked. What would be the process for activating the sync settings "retroactively"?
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:45 PM
  • You're right, the EPT configuration for sharepoint sites creation and sync will apply for new site.

For existing sites, go to PWA server settings, Connected Sharepoint sites, check if the site if created. If not, click on "create site". Then click on "Synchronize". If the EPT is correctly configured, I think you just have to publish again the project and it should sync with the task list..

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by bkell904 Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 19, 2017 3:16 PM
  • That worked. If I'm understanding this correctly I can enable the sync or disable the sync but having some sites with sync enabled and others without could be somewhat difficult to manage since I'd have to update my EPT settings and sync each connected site individually to obtain the expected sync behavior.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 4:45 PM
  • Indeed you're right. You should manage site sync at EPT level and not project level. But still the users can decide at project level to create or not a site.

Hope this helps,

Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:37 AM