none
DPM 2007 causing a pause save state on a VM server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• When running DPM 2007 (2.0.8836.0) to do a back up or consistency check it puts a hyper-v/vm server 2003 r2 sp2 into a save state mode.

The DPM agent is on the VM Host  and is using “Backup Using Child Partition snapshot” on the VM guest server in question.

Other servers do not have this problem. I have compared all the specs I can think of and did all the related VM updates.

As far as I understand DMP should do what it needs on server 2003 sp2 without out any temporary pauses save state conditions.

Are there some things I should double check?

Thanks

Friday, September 21, 2012 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

See the following.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399205.aspx

Also, check free space on all the volumes on the guest and the integration components are up to date in that guest.

FYI - DPM does not control how a vm is backed up, it's  the hyper-v writer that queries the vm and determines if an online backup can be performed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:24 AM
  • Great thanks for the info. It was a dynamic drive that caused the issue.
    • Edited by acem77 Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:27 PM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 2:57 PM