none
Disable software restriction policy

Question

• Hello everybody,

I faced with situation that confusing me hard. I created Software Restriction Policy in my domain and set default level "Disallowed". Then I decided not to use it and deleted it. However, applications launch with error "this operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" and there is no any records in Event Viewer about applying policy. This apps are Google Chrome and Mozila Firefox.

After that I created new SRP with default level "allowed" but it also didn't help me to launch applications on my computer. Could you please hint me how it is possible to solve it? Thank you in advance.

• Edited by Timur Usmanov1986 Wednesday, October 28, 2015 5:51 PM updating information
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Try to select “Unrestricted” as the security level in your GPO, then run “gpupdate /force” to verify result.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:46 AM
  • On the target computer run gpresult /H file.html to export gpresult, then check for GPO name that affects this setting

If you find this post helpful, spend a second to vote up. Smoking~~

Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:58 AM