HP Pavilion m9350f -- I finally discovered the problem and FIXED it! RRS feed

• Question

• I've been following the blogs about the slowdown problems with the HP Pavilion M9350f for quite a while --I had he same problems and was tearing my hair out trying to figure out what to do.  I tried everything, including the Disk Check which took hours and sometimes days.  I finally found the solution.  I replaced that Seagate 750 GB hard drive that came with it with a Western Digital  1 TB drive.    I backed up the old drive using Acronis True Image Home 11.0, installed the new WD drive, then restored the entire image of the windows system WITHOUT BACKING UP OR RESTORING THE HP RECOVERY DRIVE.  So basically now I have just a C drive and not their D drive partition.  This was several months ago and it works like a charm.  No more slow downs, disconnects from the internet, or problems rebooting.  Apparently the Seagate hard drives that were sold with this model in 2009 had some problems with them, but HP would not give me that information.  They  kept trying to get me to do a bunch of other things which had no effect.

There is no problem with the power supply that came with it.  I purchased a external USB fan from Amazon that plugs into the PCs USB port and velcroed it to the back of the top of the PC.  It has a variable speed control and it sucks the hot air out created by the existing power supply and keeps the PC cool.  I just set the speed control to medium and it purrs away. 

I'm now a happy camper and everything works great.

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:42 PM Moved to relevant forum category (From:Windows Vista Announcements)
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 1:26 AM

Answers

• Dimurphy

This thread is over 3 years old, I doubt that they are looking at it.  You would be better off posting a new thread here. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum?tab=unanswered

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi there Gabubba, I too am going through a very frustrating time with my hp m9350f hard drive. It said immenent hard drive failure, and it woudl not let me back up my drive at all. I have since ordered and received the backup disks, yet it fails every time, so looks like I will need to buy a new hard drive. Since I cannot back up my old drive, but I do have the recovery disks from HP, if I buy a new hard drive, and use the recovery disks, will this work? if not, any suggestions? I assume you prob wouldn't sell your image you were able to use for your new hard drive by chance? I am at a loss, I am fine with buying a new drive, but not ok having to buy a new operating system all over again, sicne I did buy the PC with it on there and don't feel I should have to buy HP's hard drive, which is well over $500...help!

Thank you!

Bigwillyt

Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:22 PM
  • GABUBBA- I am also replacing the Hard drive with a WD.  How do I fit it in with out scratching the new HD?  The inside of this computer has a small space to work in and I am not sure of the best way to physically put the new HD into the slot. 

Thanks for your help and experience

Friday, May 24, 2013 7:33 PM
  • Dimurphy

This thread is over 3 years old, I doubt that they are looking at it.  You would be better off posting a new thread here. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum?tab=unanswered

Wanikiya & Dyami--Team Zigzag

Friday, May 24, 2013 8:09 PM