Export Information from Server Manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a pretty simple question. In the server manager there is a summary information about basic things on a server: Roles, Features, IPs, and so on.

Is it possible somehow to export this information in csv or txt file? I need to make an audit for around 30 "international" server and connect/write all information will take a lot of time.

10x in advance

Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:46 AM

Answers

• To get a list of Roles and Feautures Installed on your server please open Windows PowerShell

click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click Windows PowerShell, right-click the Windows PowerShell shortcut, and then click Run as administrator

Once in the Powershell

1 - Import-Module Servermanager

2- get-windowsfeature

All the installed roles and features should have [X] against them . From here you can select the resutl and paste it in word, excel or notepad

To get List of hostnames and IP. You can use DNS console right click on domainname and select Export List . it will save as a .txt file.

later you can merge both file.

Hope this helps. 

Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:06 PM

All replies

• what OS do you have on your servers?
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Some of them are Windows Server 2008 others 2008 R2. I'm using Windows 7 as client OS.
    • Edited by kondio Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:33 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:33 PM
  • To get a list of Roles and Feautures Installed on your server please open Windows PowerShell

click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click Windows PowerShell, right-click the Windows PowerShell shortcut, and then click Run as administrator

Once in the Powershell

1 - Import-Module Servermanager

2- get-windowsfeature

All the installed roles and features should have [X] against them . From here you can select the resutl and paste it in word, excel or notepad

To get List of hostnames and IP. You can use DNS console right click on domainname and select Export List . it will save as a .txt file.

later you can merge both file.

Hope this helps. 

Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Thank you for your answer but this is the thing I want to avoid :) I was thinking to do the same, but I was looking for more simple solution. I could use as well WinRM but there are some problems with it because of the network connection. For sure there should be :)
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:02 PM