none
Creating project sites disabled in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I just installed Project Server 2010 for the first time and I'm trying to familiarise with some of its concepts, and I am a bit confused about creating sites.

I can see that in my SharePoint 2010 imlementation, I can now create Microsoft Project Server sites.

However, under my PWA website I noticed that when I go Server Settings then Project Sites (url: /pwa/_layouts/pwa/Admin/ManageWSS.aspx) under Operation Policies, I can't create create s Project site since all the buttons (Create Site, Edit Site Address, Synchronize, Delete Site, Go to Project Site Settings) are disabled.

I wonder what do I have to do to create a site through the PWA's Server Settings page, and what would be the practical difference between creating a site through there or through the default sharepoint list of site templates?

Thanks for the hlep.

Cheers,
    P. 

-- PMDCI, Master in BA, PRINCE2, ITILv2, MCP, MCTS (SharePoint), MBSS (Dynamics CRM), VTSP 4
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hello pmdci

The project sites are created when you PUBLISH a project.  Once you publish a project, you will see it listed and then you can select the project site and your buttons will no longer be grayed.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by pmdci Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:32 PM

All replies

• Hello pmdci

The project sites are created when you PUBLISH a project.  Once you publish a project, you will see it listed and then you can select the project site and your buttons will no longer be grayed.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    • Marked as answer by pmdci Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:59 PM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:32 PM
  • Michael,

Thanks for the answer!

Regards,

P

-- PMDCI, Master in BA, PRINCE2, ITILv2, MCP, MCTS (SharePoint), MBSS (Dynamics CRM), VTSP 4
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:02 PM