none
cannot download ie 11 RRS feed

• Question

• could not open IE 11 so i went to Microsoft to download the latest version but it keeps telling i have a later version very frustrating i have since installed Chrome and Firefox  no problems if i cannot get any easy solutions i will stick with them . I am using win 7 pro 64 bit 

Thanks for any help

Terry Temple

Friday, December 23, 2016 8:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Version Updates and Security Updates for IE11 are included with Windows Updates.

Start>Control Panel>Windows Updates

You can find out which Update version you have from the Help>About Internet Explorer....

There are two version numbers..... the exe version number, and the Update Version number (followed by a KB number)....That KB number will be listed in the Windows Update Control Panel>Installed Updates...

The downloaded exe's from MS, do not include the security patches and updates that are delivered by Windows Update..... It would appear that you already have the latest exe and update versions delivered by Windows Update...so no further action is required....

If you are having problems with your installed version of IE11, it may be because the other web browsers you've installed have changed the Windows default web browser settings...
    Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Programs tab, click/check the option to make IE your default web browser....
    On the Firefox and Chromium settings you will find a similar setting + an option to check each time if that particular browser is the default.... you should disable that option (to set that particular browser as the default) to prevent those browsers from over-writing IE's settings for file associations and mime-types..
    Google and Mozilla also have stand-alone versions of their browsers for windows...Canary and Waterfox... these versions can be run on windows machines without hijacking IE's settings.
    Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Saturday, December 24, 2016 8:30 AM
  • I still cannot open IE 11 click on nothing happens . I also have a notebook win 7 HE 64bit have both Firefox and

IE 11 no problems

I do not intend to mess around anymore I will stick with Firefox  and Chrome

Thank you for your help

Terry Temple

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:44 PM