GPO Not Propagate DA Clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a question, if I want to deploy new configurations of GPOs to users authenticated on computers, should I use the policy that creates the UAG installation?
    Or I can create a new policy and apply it on an OU?
    Now need to configure a GPO so that a script I map a few folders on the network.
    When I configure the GPO in the domain or an OU not applies it to the Direct Access clients, also have tried since the policy default (UAG Direct Access Client) and works me only if I configure the script in the field of computer.
    Please could clarify me the method properly apply and spread new GPO settings to Direct Access Clients ??

Cordially,
    Carlos
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Carlos,

Yes you can create new GPO's and define drive mappings in that new GPO.

Run gpresult /r to see what GPO's are applied to the user
    (gpresult /r /scope:computer to see the GPO's applied to the machine, you need to run this one in an elevated console though)

This should show you if your newly created gpo is applied to the user/machine or why it is not.

Another thing you could check is to see if loopback processing is enabled and thereby the client(s) only use GPO's based on the computer.

Two alternatives to gpresult is running the group policy modelling wizard and/or the group policy results wizard from within GPMC.

Best wishes,
    Jonas Blom

• Proposed as answer by Jonas Blom Wednesday, October 19, 2011 12:50 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:38 AM