none
Can't install x64 Software Update Offline using MDT Task Sequence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 
    I need some help, so as you know we can import manually downloaded .msu file for software updates from microsoft catalog to MDT using Import Package from MDT's Package folder. 
    What I did: 
    I imported specific KB software updates, all three architecture types, x86, x64 and arm64, then imported it to MDT. The imports task success and all 3 software update was imported. The problem is, MDT detected the imported software update as x86, amd64, and arm64. No x64 software update is imported, even thought microsoft catalog said that the software update is for OS with x64 architecture. How can i solve this? 
    This is the Software Update i imported: 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4103727)
    Monday, May 14, 2018 10:59 AM

All replies

• The terminology may be somewhat confusing, but: amd64 = x64.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, May 14, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Hi Anton, 
    Thanks for your reply. I was operating under the same assumptions and tested the MDT deployment by your confirmation. I used the MDT on 64-bit Operating System of Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.125). 
    The ZTIPatches Log said: "Operating System being deployed requires amd64 updates."

Does This means the OS and the software update architecture Matches? 

If so, then the next Log said: "No patching required in the current phase" is what causing the patches not deploying? But the build version is obviously outdated and the software update is cumulative update. 
    Am I missing something? Please advise.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:37 AM
  • There are a few things you could verify: which selection profile are you using to deploy updates (for example, I tend to create a version specific folder structure for packages and also corresponding selection profiles to make sure I only deploy matching updates during OSD, make sure to set the Selection Profile in the Apply Patches step)? Do the major build versions of the OS / CU martch? If this does not help, I would suggest uploading your BDD.log to a public hosting site and I will take a closer look.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 6:17 AM