none
Fixed work per resource? project pro 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I am trying to do the following:  use fixed duration and fix the work (total/constant effort) of each resource working on each task and cannot seem to do this (having tried many options on a simple test schedule).  I am not bothered about units but i need to control the total work of each resource per task. Many thanks for any help.

• Edited by Tom_1234567 Monday, January 16, 2017 5:33 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 5:29 PM

All replies

• Tom,

Why can't you simply use the Task Usage view and enter the desired work for each resource on a fixed duration task?

An example of what you mean by "controlling the total work of each resource per task" would help.

John

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:46 PM
  • John - thanks.  By example I mean (for a single task):

res a, total work (effort) 100 hours, res b, total work 200 hrs, res c, total work 500 hrs and fixed task duration.

Also, it is the total work by resource that is fixed (in this case). Is there a way to just enter the total hours per resource and allow MSP to spread those hours over the duration of the task, without altering the task duration (I am not bothered about units)?

• Edited by Tom_1234567 Monday, January 16, 2017 7:06 PM
    Monday, January 16, 2017 6:59 PM
  • Tom,

Yes, just use the Task Usage view and set the Work field for each assignment (i.e. resource).

John

Monday, January 16, 2017 7:54 PM