none
Does DPM 2007 SP1 work with Multi Initiator SCSI Persistent Reservation shared drives RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am working with Data Protection Manager 2007 SP1 Virtual Tape Library installed on w2k3 server 64 bit. DPM administration console discovers all three LTO1, LTO2 and LTO3 libraries that I have created with 5 drives and 20 virtual tapes in them. I will do data protection (backups) and restore operation using DPM VTL mechanism.

Also, can I do the following?

I would like to add a media agent server to the primary DPM w2k3 64 bit server so Two media agents servers can share a single VTL within DPM?

So, on the w2k3 64 bit DPM server, both the systems will then be able to use one single library with two drives and share the drive to do the backups (data protection) and restore at the same time using/sharing those two drives within that single library at the same time.

Please confirm this if DPM has this ability of sharing drives using one single library by two agens, one DPM server and another system. Thanks.

Susmita

• Moved by Mike Walsh FINModerator Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:42 AM off-topic (Moved from SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Friday, January 23, 2009 5:16 PM

All replies