Change frequency of SIP options ping on mediation servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We just tested to drop the gateway down on the PSTN network and noticed it took about 60s for Mediation server to notify: "something is missing...". And then it move the full load on the other gateway.

How much I do have control for this behavior? Can I drop the time into 15 s perhaps? For end users it is better that if the call is dropped he get the retry through the system instead of trying multiple times.

Petri

Friday, September 28, 2012 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,Petri,

Lync Mediation Server does send a SIP Options message to the PSTN Gateway,if it fails after 5 attempts then the PSTN gateway will be marked as down,and it will reroute to the second one.

You can look through the old thread below,it has a deep discussion about this "hardcode" configuration

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsvoice/thread/c85a980e-2890-413f-a9ee-ff0d277cda82/

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Petri X Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:21 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 2:43 AM

All replies

• There is no way to control this behavior. The key here is 5 consecutive failures - only then Mediation will mark the gateway as "temporary down".

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, October 1, 2012 2:36 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Hmm... strange. Somehow I feel this is something what companies might want to control.

Petri

Friday, September 28, 2012 7:06 PM
  • Hi,Petri,

Lync Mediation Server does send a SIP Options message to the PSTN Gateway,if it fails after 5 attempts then the PSTN gateway will be marked as down,and it will reroute to the second one.

You can look through the old thread below,it has a deep discussion about this "hardcode" configuration

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ocsvoice/thread/c85a980e-2890-413f-a9ee-ff0d277cda82/

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Proposed as answer by Sharon.Shen Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Petri X Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:21 PM
    Monday, October 1, 2012 2:43 AM
  • Sharon,

Thank you again for clarifying this. I just hope that Lync's team even sometimes listen us.... this delay is pretty long time :(

--

Petri

Petri

Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:23 PM