Marketplace Error: Your Purchase Couldn't Be Completed RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to update or install an app from the marketplace, I'm getting a "Your purchase couldn't be completed.  Something happened and your purchase couldn't be completed." error.  I see in the forum where others have received a similar error when using a proxy.  I'm not using a proxy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Saturday, October 6, 2012 7:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Other suggestions you can try:
    Method 1:
    Make sure Time, Date and Region are set correctly on your computer.
    Follow these steps to change the location:
    a.       Press “Windows key + W” from your keyboard.
    b.      Type “Region” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    c.       Select “Location” tab.
    d.      Change the location to the place where you live.
    e.      Click on “Apply” then “Ok”.

Follow these steps to check Date and Time:
    b.      Type “Date and Time” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    c.       Then check the Date and Time.
    Method 2:
    Make sure that “Allow apps to use my location” option is enabled. Follow the steps to enable it.
    a.       Press the “Windows + w”.
    b.      Then type “Allow apps to use my location” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    c.       Turn on “Allow apps to use my location”.
    d.      Then turn on “Let apps use my location” option.

Leo Huang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please lookup for the following files:

%systemroot%\WindowsUpdate.log

and

%Temp%\winstore.log

and copy a view last lines from there, especially those ones containing error codes.

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Monday, December 24, 2012 12:54 AM

All replies

• What version of Windows 8 are you using?

Is your Windows 8 updated?

Do you have this issue with all Apps?

Monday, October 8, 2012 11:18 AM
  • The problem is on an i7 3rd gen machine with 16 GB of RAM running Win 8 Pro x64 RTM ... ver 6.2 (Build 9200).  Yes, Windows is fully updated.  The problem is on any new app I try to install.  I can update existing apps without issue.

Thanks.

Edit:  I stated in the original post there were issues updating existing apps.  I just updated four.  They work fine now. 
    • Edited by Abidian Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:50 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:45 AM
  • Following on ... the ObjectSharp Blog (found here) has an article about this problem.  He suggests switching to a local user account to correct the problem.  The idea made sense as I'm on a laptop that is normally connected to an office domain.  Unfortunately, it didn't work.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:18 AM
  • Hi,

How about disjoin the domain, and use your homework network to see if it works.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Leo Huang

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:26 AM
  •  ... another good suggestion that I thought had some promise.  I removed the domain and went to a workgroup, rebooted, and the problem remains.

Thanks for trying.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:36 AM
  • Hi,

Other suggestions you can try:
    Method 1:
    Make sure Time, Date and Region are set correctly on your computer.
    Follow these steps to change the location:
    b.      Type “Region” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    c.       Select “Location” tab.
    d.      Change the location to the place where you live.
    e.      Click on “Apply” then “Ok”.

Follow these steps to check Date and Time:
    b.      Type “Date and Time” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    c.       Then check the Date and Time.
    Method 2:
    Make sure that “Allow apps to use my location” option is enabled. Follow the steps to enable it.
    a.       Press the “Windows + w”.
    b.      Then type “Allow apps to use my location” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    c.       Turn on “Allow apps to use my location”.
    d.      Then turn on “Let apps use my location” option.

Leo Huang

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:47 AM
  • Thanks Leo for your continued suggestions.  I verified the time, date, and region were correct.  I went ahead and re-synced the time and it didn't change.

I also rejoined the domain and installed the newest updates.  Finally, I checked a desktop computer that logs in using the same Live account.  It was also experiencing the same marketplace problem, so I performed all of the above on it as well.  So far, nothing has worked on either PC.

Thanks again.

Friday, October 12, 2012 11:14 AM
  • Bump ... help please
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:16 AM
  • There are other solutions for the windows market place.. i remember solving them when installing AOE Online.. I'm facing this problem too.. should have to try above solutions..
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 9:31 AM
  • I am having literally an identical problem as the one the original poster stated.

Using the suggested methods, I was UNABLE to fix the problem.  It appears to be an Microsoft account issue, as it happens on multiple PCs using several different versions of windows 8 and several different internet connections.

The problem is thankfully not present on my Windows Phone 8 device (Lumia 920).

It seems like it might have started after I configured my VPN, which might make it seem like I am connecting from a country other than the United States.  I mention this only because the methods you listed to fix it involved confirming my location settings.

Monday, December 24, 2012 12:35 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please lookup for the following files:

%systemroot%\WindowsUpdate.log

and

%Temp%\winstore.log

and copy a view last lines from there, especially those ones containing error codes.

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

Monday, December 24, 2012 12:54 AM