0xc000007b error RRS feed

• Question

• hey guys ... I have recently updated my os to windows 10....when I open some games which was working fine before shows the error called application unable to start correctly...error 0xc000007b..plz help me solve this issue
    • Moved by Kevin Cunnane [MSFT] Monday, December 14, 2015 7:22 PM This is a general Windows 10 issue - moving to a relevant forum.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:12 AM Relocated
    Monday, November 23, 2015 1:13 PM

Answers

• SuriyaPrashath,

This could be compatible issue.

Please first try to run this app in compatibility mode: steps are ok for Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

In not work, try to install it again in compatibility mode to check the issue

If the issue still persists, please install the latest graphic driver applied to Windows 10 from manufacturer's website to check the results.  

In addition, please also check if there is any update need to install for the game to work fine in Windows 10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:06 PM

All replies

• Solution 1
    In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from [link]

Solution 2
    Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully.

Solution 3
    Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program .exe file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box, and click on OK.

Solution 4
    Restart your computer. Some applications require a restart after installation to function properly.

Solution 5
    Run Windows Update as it can provide application fixes and updates. Furthermore, it installs missing drivers and updates. Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users need to search for "Windows Update." Select all important and optional updates and click on the "install updates" button. If you use Windows XP navigate navigate to Windows Update by choosing Start > All Programs > Windows Update. When the scan is complete, Click the "Review and Install Updates" link. Finally, press the "install now" button.

Please click Mark As Answer if my post helped.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:08 AM
  • Please move this to appropriate forum.

Christmas spirit all year long Please remember to vote on useful replies. Mark answers. Help to answer questions of others while you are visting the forums. Thank you.

Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:32 AM
  • SuriyaPrashath,

This could be compatible issue.

Please first try to run this app in compatibility mode: steps are ok for Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

In not work, try to install it again in compatibility mode to check the issue

If the issue still persists, please install the latest graphic driver applied to Windows 10 from manufacturer's website to check the results.  

In addition, please also check if there is any update need to install for the game to work fine in Windows 10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:06 PM