Deployment Sucess after Final Reboot unable to log in with Admin password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I managed to get my image to deploy successfully, everything was working as it intended to.

However now I don't now why for some reason after my build finishes, and I get a the final summary proving its been successful, my task sequence performs a final reboot. after rebooting I am unable to log in.

can you please help me realise why is happening?

Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:50 AM

Answers

• If you cannot login, this is most probable due to the password being wrong. In my experience this is often due to keyboard layout, check that.

verify the passowrd that has been set by MDT variable or in the deployment wizard.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

• Marked as answer by Sukey2K Friday, October 17, 2014 10:28 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:27 AM

All replies

• If you cannot login, this is most probable due to the password being wrong. In my experience this is often due to keyboard layout, check that.

verify the passowrd that has been set by MDT variable or in the deployment wizard.

MCP/MCSA/MCTS/MCITP

• Marked as answer by Sukey2K Friday, October 17, 2014 10:28 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:27 AM
  • I have specified it in my customs settings should not that overcome the layout issue?

KeyboardLocalePE=0809:00000809
    KeyboardLocale=en-0809:00000809
    SkipBDDWelcome=YES
    UserID=Administrator
    UserPassword=Password
    UserDomain=WIN-E4P6AJMA07A
    OSInstall=YES
    SkipCapture=YES
    AdminPassword=Password
    SkipAdminPassword=YES
    SkipProductKey=YES
    SkipComputerBackup=YES
    SkipBitLocker=YES
    SkipLocaleSelection=YES
    SkipUserData=YES
    SkipApplications=NO

Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:21 AM
  • what about your unattend.xml, can you verify that the password matches etc in the OOBE pass...
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:37 PM
  • When you are creating your task sequence you get a question about the local administrator password, if you set it there you can find it in the unattend.XML:

<UserAccounts>
            <AdministratorPassword>
              <Value>password</Value>
              <PlainText>true</PlainText>
            </AdministratorPassword>
          </UserAccounts>

Kind Regards

Per Larsen

Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:31 PM
  • Some how it seemed that I managed to changed the Keyboard settings to US, could have been the UserLocale setting.

In my password it had the @ symbol which is in a different location on US and UK spec keyboards.

Friday, October 17, 2014 10:30 AM
  • Yup, that will do it. IF you need help in the future, you can kick off a litetouch deployment with Debug=TRUE.

When Debugging is enabled, MDT will write the password to the bdd.log file (dangerous), and you can trace what's happening.

Keith Garner - Principal Consultant [owner] - http://DeploymentLive.com

Friday, October 17, 2014 11:38 PM