SAP Publishing Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello :)

I am publishing a SAP Portal which contains various .JS files needed for the toolbar navigation.   The problem occurs when I use the Whale Toolbar or have it as a Link on the Portal Home Page. 

When you click on the SAP Application the following occurs from the Client-Side Browser: (Internet Explorer)

Line: 121
    Char: 64
    Code: 0
    URI: https://iag.celestix.com/cpc2bb4f1f34f33d368e4dda20f379d40d4a0834733142d9cd5a73807/cpc0/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.navigation.toplevel/scripts/toplevelnavigation.js

The problem does NOT occur in Firefox which tells me IAG isn't malforming the code.   The problem also does NOT occur when I launch the application in a new window... I can do this either by selecting it as an option in the application properties or just right click the link and select open in new window.

Anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

Thank you
    Dennis
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:21 PM

Answers

• Sounds like common problem where RWS code written by the web developer makes the assumption it is the top level frame and not wrapped in any other frames.  The recommended solution is to open in new window.   Though conceivably you could potentially use AppWrap to fix the websites code on-the-fly during transmission of the page, but this could be monsterous task that may or may not even work in the end or be very fragile and break at the slightlest change to application code.
    • Proposed as answer by RMoros Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:07 PM

All replies

• Sounds like common problem where RWS code written by the web developer makes the assumption it is the top level frame and not wrapped in any other frames.  The recommended solution is to open in new window.   Though conceivably you could potentially use AppWrap to fix the websites code on-the-fly during transmission of the page, but this could be monsterous task that may or may not even work in the end or be very fragile and break at the slightlest change to application code.
    • Proposed as answer by RMoros Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:14 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:07 PM
  • I fully agree with Mark. When the application is launched inside the portal it is being executed inside a frame and this can generate the behavior you are experiencing. I have seen in the past a couple of similar situations with propietary developed applications. The easiest way to solve the situation is to launch the application in a separate window as the custom appliaction wrapper can be a very hard work
    // Raúl - I love this game
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:22 PM
  • I see,  that is very interesting.   MSFT may be aware of this issue and thats why the SAP Enterprise 6 wizard has "open in a new window" checked by default.   

Thank you
    Dennis

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 9:33 PM