Problem with driver store in windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• i've got problem with my driver store in windows 7, driver store-file repository.......everytime I scan my computer with antivirus (avira, mse, avg, etc.) and open the folder driver store exactly in epson driver....my computer freeze and hang.......please help me?? IT professional.....LOL, sorry my english poor.....
    Thursday, May 20, 2010 2:36 PM

Answers

• Can you give us the names of the problematic folder and driver file? Also please let us know which antivirus you are using in Windows 7.

You may try to remove the problematic folder. The driver can be obtained via Windows Update. 

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, May 28, 2010 6:56 AM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 8:37 AM

All replies

• Can you give us the names of the problematic folder and driver file? Also please let us know which antivirus you are using in Windows 7.

You may try to remove the problematic folder. The driver can be obtained via Windows Update. 

Arthur Xie - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, May 28, 2010 6:56 AM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 8:37 AM
  • I am also having the same problem with scans. I have tried three different anti virus programs and they all lock up at the same file area. It only happens whith full scans. McAfee, Symantec, PC tools same results! C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hcw85b64.inf_amd64_neutral_22b436d5d06ab  is the file that I recorded the first time but it's not always the same. It's always in the same area. 
    Friday, March 2, 2012 10:03 PM