none
Required attribute 'Scope' & 'Type' is missing error during group inbound sync RRS feed

• Question

• I've followed 'how to sync groups from AD to FIM' tutorial and get the following failed-creation-via-web-services error msg when exporting to FIM.

Fault Reason: The request message contains errors that prevent processing the request.\r\n\r\nFault Details: <RepresentationFailures xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/11/ResourceManagement"
     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="<AttributeRepresentationFailure><AttributeType>Scope</AttributeType><AttributeValue></AttributeValue>
    <FailureMessage>Exception">http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><AttributeRepresentationFailure>
    <AttributeType>Scope</AttributeType><AttributeValue></AttributeValue><FailureMessage>Exception:

RequiredValueIsMissing Target(s): 9D5E0A7E-8C02-425D-9757-92A8825544D6
    Stack Trace: Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Exceptions.InvalidRepresentationException: RequiredValueIsMissing
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Utilities.ExceptionManager.ThrowException(Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.Exception.DataAccessExceptionManager.ThrowException(SqlException innerException, TransactionAndConnectionScope scope)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.DataAccess.ProcessRequest(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ActionProcessor.ActionDispatcher.ProcessInputRequest(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.ExecuteAction(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.ExecuteAction[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request, Guid requestIdentifier, Object redispatchSingleInstanceKey, Boolean isRedispatch)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.ResourceManagementService.Create(Message request)</FailureMessage><AttributeFailureCode>RequiredValueIsMissing</AttributeFailureCode><AdditionalTextDetails>An attribute is required
     to complete the operation.</AdditionalTextDetails></AttributeRepresentationFailure><CorrelationId>de8b6334-4047-489d-af91-a4ad3d4aa1e3</CorrelationId></RepresentationFailures>

If I look at the object pending export, and click Validate object against schema I see 'Required attribute 'Scope' and 'Type' is missing. Fine.

Within my inbound sync rule, I tested both the custom expression statement and I tried a fixed string value such that the attributes are now defined as:

"Security" =>type

"Universal" =>scope

Precedence for the inbound sync rule is 3 (this is the only inbound rule I have, but two other outbound sync rules have a precedence 1 and 2).

So if I've hard coded type and scope and it still can't see them, assuming the values are valid, how would those values not be present?

• Edited by Osho27 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:44 PM

Answers

• Thanks Steve.

Turned out that by making the precendence levels for those attributes equal within the metaverse, and I set the precedence for AD above FIM, this did the trick.

• Marked as answer by Osho27 Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:58 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:58 AM

All replies

• Just in case you are keeping score at home, I decided to bump up the precedence of the sync rule to 1.  I'll then reinitialize the FIM MA and try again (pls correct me if that is not the correct procedure).

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:16 PM
  • Changing the Precedence within the Sync rule did not change anything, I am still getting the same export failure message:

Fault Reason: The request message contains errors that prevent processing the request.\r\n\r\nFault Details: &lt;RepresentationFailures xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/11/ResourceManagement"
     xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;&lt;AttributeRepresentationFailure&gt;&lt;AttributeType&gt;Scope&lt;
    /AttributeType&gt;&lt;AttributeValue&gt;&lt;/AttributeValue&gt;&lt;FailureMessage&gt;Exception:

RequiredValueIsMissing Target(s): 6237DAE5-0E62-4D2A-ADF1-7A1D734E09C6
    Stack Trace: Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.Exceptions.InvalidRepresentationException: RequiredValueIsMissing
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Utilities.ExceptionManager.ThrowException(Exception exception)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.Exception.DataAccessExceptionManager.ThrowException(SqlException innerException, TransactionAndConnectionScope scope)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Data.DataAccess.ProcessRequest(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.ActionProcessor.ActionDispatcher.ProcessInputRequest(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.ExecuteAction(RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.ExecuteAction[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request, Guid requestIdentifier, Object redispatchSingleInstanceKey, Boolean isRedispatch)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.RequestDispatcher.DispatchRequest[ResponseBodyType](RequestType request)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.WebServices.ResourceManagementService.Create(Message request)&lt;/FailureMessage&gt;&lt;AttributeFailureCode&gt;RequiredValueIsMissing&lt;/AttributeFailureCode&gt;&lt;AdditionalTextDetails&gt;An
     attribute is required to complete the operation.&lt;/AdditionalTextDetails&gt;&lt;/AttributeRepresentationFailure&gt;&lt;CorrelationId&gt;201c86de-0cb7-4935-abf5-6bda9f60b733&lt;/CorrelationId&gt;&lt;/RepresentationFailures&gt;

Looking at the Metaverse object, I see values for scope (Universal) and type (Security) - so perhaps I am misinterpreting the error message, it certainly seems it is getting those values.

Help.

• Edited by Osho27 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:54 PM
    Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:49 PM
  • Take a look (via the FIM Sync Service) at some of the groups you have in the metaverse:  Have the 'scope' and 'type' MV values been populated?  If not, does your inbound sync rule appear in the objects' DRE / EREs?  If yes, you may need to run a full sync on the AD MA so that the new rule is actually applied; if not, time to review the MPR+Set+Workflow in order to get it to apply.

Steve Kradel, Zetetic LLC SMS OTP for FIM | Salesforce MA for FIM

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:25 PM
  • Thanks Steve.

Turned out that by making the precendence levels for those attributes equal within the metaverse, and I set the precedence for AD above FIM, this did the trick.

• Marked as answer by Osho27 Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:58 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:58 AM
  • Hi Osho when you change a sync rule you need to do an import and sync on FIM MA, may be you were missing that.

Unless you do that, your values wont polupate as per the sync rule. Also doing a Full Sync afterwords would then update the attributes correctly.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:47 AM
  • Hi Furqan - that was an issue that I thought when I noticed it was the cause all along... however after doing that, the error appeared again so I knew there was more to it.  Even though there is only the FIM MA and AD MA attribute competing for precedence (and FIM was ranked first in all cases), bumping AD to 1st and setting them equal (as a precaution) did the trick of getting those values to appear finally.  I saw them all along in the metaverse which was driving me nuts - then I came across all the content out there talking about precedence and knew that was likely the issue.
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 6:48 PM